Wow. My first post on homework. I must do it, and well. 50% of the CA. I'm like , freaked - out anxious.
Last week , my family and I visited the singapore zoological gardens . We like it there, and the many locals and foriengers confirmed that although there are many more places of enjoyment like Sentosa, The Night Safari, Jurong Birdpark, the Singapore zoo is still popular with many. Luckily, we did not go go to Jurong birdpark. The TODAY paper stated that a pair of eagles managed to escape from the park. They were seen flying AND fighting across and flew into a house in Jalan Kayu!!! I really don't want to be right in the middle of a birdfight.
The zoo is an exicting place. There were penguins , white tigers, monkeys, panda bears, etc etc. Now we know that most animals usually don't produce sounds unless agitated or frightened. Meaning - Animal planet is a fraud. We often hear the animals roaring, barking, moaning for no apparent reason on Animal Planet. The truth is out.
The best part of it was when the guy who was feeding the penguins accidentally slipped into the pool itself. He was shouting," Oh my god, it's so freaking cold! When he finally got out, he realised that his fish was gone. The penguins had 'helped themselves' to the fish! That brought a good laugh. I really wonder if he was the entertainment.
The worst part comes with a stench. It was the elephants. I suppose that they will wash the elephants once in a while, but they should do it more often before the smell becomes too horrendous to withstand. Maybe some visitors will consider boycotting them. But I do feel pity for the elephants.
The trip was fun though. My Dad was fined $250 for feeding the monkeys (with potato chips and twisties) . "Gosh, $250 for a selfless act??" my dad exclaimed. I myself was taken totally by surprise. "They don't feed them enough," my Dad said. On a serious note, the monkeys were almost frenzied , mad, in fact ,with our departure from their cage. They screeched and screamed and well, practically tore themselves from the the cage. My mum, however, was mad with dad. She said that she would throw him into the cage the next time my dad did something stupid. Everyone was staring at us!
Overall, I loved it. I'll happily go back any time.
Posted by Darth Bane, Path Of Destruction.
Sunday, January 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment